St. Petersburg Open Air Music Festivals Summer 2018
It’s summer in St. Petersburg, and that means it’s time for open air music festivals!
As in previous years, there’s a bit of everything for everyone: from classical concerts to techno raves, I’ve snooped the local афиши (afishi, “billboards”) for the biggest events coming up these next weeks. I hope you’ll get to visit some of them!
(Tip: Check my previous article for hints on how to make the best of these types of events.)
- Опера всем (Opera Vsem, “Opera All Together”)
(multiple dates and venues)
Now with only two shows left to go, it’s your last chance to hear some fantastic operas performed by world-class orchestras and singers – for free, in the open air!
– 19 July, 19:00: Puccini’s Manon Lescaut at Elagin Ostrov, in front of the Yelagin Palace.
– 22 July, 17:00 (closing event): Mozart’s Il Ratto del Serraglio (Die Entführung aus dem Serail) at Tsarskoe Selo, in front of Catherine’s Palace (the Парадный Плац – the parade square).
- Usadba Jazz Festival: 28 July, Elagin Ostrov
With headliners such as Joss Stone, Mgzavrebi, and Rohey, Usadba once again brings the best of local and international jazz to the Elagin Ostrov park.
Tickets range from 1800 to 4000 (VIP) and Family Tickets at 7200 rubles (4+1 free). Available here.
- Roof Music Fest – 18 July – 28 August (multiple venues)
Live music on a roof on a summer evening in St. Petersburg! Since 2012, the Roof Music Group has been organizing these splendid initiatives across the city, bringing you live performances by new and established musicians in any genre you can think of.
Tickets range from 600 to 1500 rubles and can be bought here.
- Gamma Festival: 19-22 July (multiple venues)
A whole weekend of electronic music, from melodic and experimental to hard and heavy techno, organized by the well-established m_division group. Now in its third evolution, Gamma is attracting more and more major names from the world around. The festival will launch with a concert by famed experimental pianist Hauschka (DE) at the Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace (Nevsky Prospekt, 41). The event will continue at various venues throughout the city (including the Lenfilm studios and even Peterhof) over the course of three days and two nights.
Tickets are between 1200 to 2450 rubles, depending on how many days you want to attend.
Full program and timetable here.
- Present Perfect Festival – 27-29 July – Port Sevkabel
Featuring DJs from the best clubs in Russia and Europe, Present Perfect has become one of the most trusted festivals in the city for great vibes and awesome locations. This year, the event will take place over three days at the Sevkabel port area, offering spectacular views on the water. If the weather plays along, it should be a great weekend.
Tickets available here.
- Also, if you have the budget and are able to book the last remaining tickets, the Mariinsky Theatre’s Stars of the White Nights International Festival is an unmissable event for lovers of classical music. The festival ends July 29th!