Procedure & Terms
Your journey to Liden & Denz needs careful preparation. The following guidelines and information should help you to stay clear of any uncertainties and will remind you of some important points to consider when planning a language stay with us.
You can sign up either directly on this website or use one of 200 appointed booking agents in over 50 countries. Signing up locally has certain advantages: your booking agent will advice you on airfares, travel insurance and might help you organising your visa. The course fee should be the same as when signing up directly but you will most probably be invoiced in your local currency and you are under full legal cover of your local jurisdiction. On request, we will send you names and addresses of your nearest appointed agents.
If you decide to sign up directly, the easiest way is to use our online signup form. In our download section you will find current data & fee sheets with a paper signup form you can fill in and send us back by email. For all one-to-one courses we require course participants to complete our Needs Analysis Form (included in the online signup form).
In both cases we will confirm within 24 hours of receiving your booking.
You will receive from us (by email only):
- Your booking confirmation/invoice (immediately)
- If applicable, your visa support letter (immediately if course lasts 4 weeks or less, otherwise within 3-4 weeks)
- Your accommodation confirmation (3 weeks prior to arrival)
Your booking becomes valid only after we have received the non-refundable enrolment fee, which covers visa and paperwork related expenses. For reasons of conveniency, it might make more sense if you settle the whole invoice at once (enrolment fee and course costs).
Please note that if you wish to make changes to your booking after arrival (i.e., changing from a group course to individual lessons), we will charge an alteration fee of EUR 25.
You find our banking details on your invoice.
Procedure for Work Experience Students
Depending on your current level of Russian, you can book a work experience programme with or without a Russian language course. Please use our online signup form either for a combined stay (language course followed by an internship/volunteer work) or for a work-experience stay only. For your convenience you may also print out the work experience booking form and email it back to us.
We further require from you:
- recent Curriculum Vitae (in English or Russian) with a photograph
- letter of motivation (in English or Russian)
- results of our Russian language test
While the language skills required differ for the various jobs, we do ask you to apply for work experience only if your level on arrival in Russia is at least A2 (check our level descriptions).
If you are interested in an internship, we do ask you to apply only if you have previous working experience in that field or have (or are going to have) the necessary qualification for that area.
Liden & Denz will confirm reception of the documents and your registration to the programme 24 hours after having received them. A work placement confirmation is sent as soon as we receive the confirmation from the host company/organisation (6 weeks before the arrival date at the latest). The work placement confirmation is composed of two documents: a Letter of Acceptance and a Placement Description Form.
Conditions and Terms of Participation
For students not requiring a visa to Russia or Latvia, the booking deadline is 1 week prior to arrival for all our centres.
Students requiring a visa to Russia or Latvia should check respective booking deadlines published in the Visa Information Section.
Terms of payment
Payment of the total amount (including enrolment fee) is to be settled not later than 30 days prior to the course starting date (immediately if enrolling later) by international wire.
Arrival and beginning of tuition
Arrival day is Sunday! All courses start on Monday. Course participants who have booked accommodation through Liden & Denz are met at the airport or railway station and driven straight to their accommodation at no charge.
One lesson lasts 50 minutes.
Up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the course — 10%, up to 10 days — 25%, but if cancellation occurs when visa support has already taken place — not less than the invoiced amount for enrollment and visa related cancellation fee services. For cancellations that occur later, the cancellation fee amounts to 50% of the total fee. Cancellations should be communicated in writing directly to our central booking office in St. Petersburg or to a local agent.
If you have booked directly with the school and you wish to terminate your course early, we will refund you some of the fees but will retain:
- course and accommodation fees for two weeks if you give at least one week notice
- course and accommodation fees for three weeks if you give no notice (stopping immediately)
Make sure you give notice in writing which must be handed to a member of the administration staff or by email. If you have booked your course through an appointed agent, the conditions of your agent apply.
Late arrival or absences during the programme
for which Liden & Denz cannot be responsible, will not be reimbursed. Absences cannot be compensated through additional lessons.
Minimum age language courses
The minimum age for all courses is 16 . Students coming with a closed group can be younger than 16, if the group comes with an adult group leader.
Minimum age work experience
The minimum age for Internships is 21, for volunteer work is 18.
Participants are asked to check their personal insurance protection as they are not automatically insured by Liden & Denz against illness, accident, theft, personal liability, etc. If a booking agent cannot provide adequate insurance cover, we can provide our clients with the services of an international insurer (on request).
If Liden & Denz has to cancel a group course for lack of participants at a particular level a student will receive one-to-one tuition with 75% of booked group lessons during the same period of time. Under no circumstances will the participant receive a refund of the fee.
We do all we can to ensure that students’ requirements are met. However, the fact that the language centres could not provide the type of accommodation preferred does not constitute a case for reimbursement.
- Host families: Liden & Denz confirms home stay and shared flat accommodation three weeks prior to the course start date. If required, host-family change can be organised after arrival, but only on weekends. If a change is required immediately, fees apply (equivalent to one week accommodation costs).
- Shared flats: If the arrival day is not Sunday, please note that a pickup transfer is compulsory (required for key handover and instructions).
- Shared flat damage deposit: A deposit of EUR 200 is secured on arrival at the school, by freezing that amount on the student’s credit card. Upon departure, we will unblock the deposit money the next working day. Costs incurred by damage, breakage or loss will be deducted from the deposit.
- Private apartments: Apartments are selected prior to arrival according to announced preferences. If necessary, an apartment can be changed after arrival but not earlier than one full week after arrival date. Apartment change handling fee is EUR 100. In case of cancellation less than two weeks prior to the arrival date we will charge a cancellation fee of up to EUR 500 (depending on the period of stay and the apartment price).
- Work experience students: During the course preceding the work experience, participants can choose between host family stay and shared apartment. As soon as the work experience starts, the participants needs to move into a shared apartment.
Change of programme
Liden & Denz reserves the right to change the programme in an appropriate way in case of riots, strikes, war or other events of force majeure. The provider cannot be held responsible for changes occurring as a result of these events.
Change of workplace (for work experience students)
Once the work placement has been confirmed according to the requirements and profile of the participant and of the host Company/Organisation, no programme changes can be made.
Our language centres are closed on the following public holidays:
Russian public holidays: JAN 1, 2, 7; FEB 23; MAR 8; MAY 1, 9; JUN 12; NOV 4.
Latvian public holidays: JAN 1; MAR 25, 28; MAY 1, 4; JUN 23, 24; NOV 18; DEC 26.
No lessons are held on these days. Compensation is only provided for One-to-one Courses.
telc exam Booking Terms
Telc exam cancellation fees: up to 30 days prior to the exam — none; less than 30 days before the exam — 100% of the exam fee. Cancellations should be communicated in writing directly to our central booking office in St. Petersburg or to a local agent.