How to speed learn Russian?
02 June, 2016
How to speed learn Russian?
We all know that techniques to speed learn a language like Russian require extra time and effort. It is not easy. On the contrary, it requires dedication, diligence and time. In fact, it’s unthinkable to improve your language skills in a short amount of time, but on the other hand it’s possible to pass your levels faster if you put into a daily practice at least one of these 7 methods to speed up your learning.
Techniques to speed learn, here we go:
- Listen everyday to audio materials in Russian: every morning while you are having breakfast or you are walking down the street, put on your headphones and listen to some Russian songs, follow some radio programs or download some podcasts recorded by Russian native speakers. Doing so, you will improve not only your understanding of the language, but also your passive vocabulary, namely those terms that you know, but you never use during a conversation.Here you have some useful sites to practice:http://everydayrussianlanguage.com/en/home/
- Watch everyday video materials in Russian: you can choose between funny videos on Youtube, TV series, cartoons, online programs or classic movies in the original language, either way try to jump in the Russian reality as much as possible and don’t be afraid of not understanding every single word you hear. Trust me step by step you will be able to comprehend more than you have ever thought.Here you can check 2 youtube canals dedicated to learning Russian:https://www.youtube.com/user/russianforfree
- Read every day something in Russian: Let’s start with changing the language of your smartphone into Russian (it might seem irrelevant but it will help you to familiarize more and more with the Cyrillic alphabet). Read either newspaper’s articles or a page of a book. Avoid reading long texts full of words that you don’t know, it’s better to read something short and help yourself with a dictionary. If you decide to read some articles, try always to choose different themes in order to learn the highest amount of new words and notice that it’s not necessary to linger on every word that you meet. It’s better to focus on the words that are fundamental in order to understand the article.Here there are some newspapers that you can find online:http://www.novayagazeta.ru/
- Create flash cards and attach notes all over your house: Write new words on some notes and attach them everywhere you can see (especially at the beginning of your learning is very useful to associate objects with words that define them). Another helpful method to expand your vocabulary is to create a card file of new words and revise them 1 or 2 a week. You can also find cards already done on the following site www.fashcardmachine.com
- Write as much as you can in Russian: Report on a notebook all the new words you meet, start a diary, create your cards, communicate in chat with your Russian friends. Writing is an essential part of a language and regardless of how good people can talk and understand a language, they often make a lot of mistakes in writing.
- Speak in Russian as much as possible: Your teacher’s lessons are not enough to speak fluently and improve your pronunciation. It’s essential to find some Russian friends or people that are willing to speak with you in Russian as long as you speak with them in your own language. To find such partners you can download Apps like “Tandem” or “Hellotalk” or you can check one of these sites:
- Revise grammar and do some grammar tests regularly: as boring as it might be, revising grammar is never a bad idea! Here you have a useful site where you can exercise and do some tests on various topics to check your level http://masterrussian.com/tests/Russian_Tests.htmCheck also our Facebook page and #TestyouRussianNow
Come on – with speed learn techniques we can do it!!
This post was brought to you by Matilde, currently studying Russian at Liden & Denz