Visa Information

Visa for Russia (for students studying in St. Petersburg or Moscow)

Virtually all travellers to Russia need an entry visa, which is a document stuck into the applicants passport. The earliest arrival and the latest departure dates are indicated on the visa and must be observed. Students have to apply for the visa at a dedicated visa center or visa department of a Russian Consulate or Embassy. Liden & Denz will provide participants with a relevant letter of invitation.

Maximum duration of student visa for language course is 90 days, regardless of nationality. Please see table below for more information on visa options.

Your nationalityup to 30 daysup to 90 days
Schengen areaTourist Visa
Study visa under simplified regime
Japan, UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Turkey and other non-Schengen countriesTourist VisaStudy visa via Russian Federal Immigration
Serbia, Montenegro, ThailandVisa-free for up to 30 days but not more than 90 days within half a yearStudy visa via Russian Federal Immigration
Latin America (except for Mexico), Israel, Bosnia and HerzegovinaVisa-free for up to 90 days within half a year
South KoreaVisa-free for up to 60 days, but not more than 90 days within half a yearStudy visa via Russian Federal Immigration


Citizens of Schengen countries traveling for up to 30 days can choose to come with a tourist visa or a student visa under simplified regime. If you opt for a tourist visa, we suggest you use services of our trusted partner Viselio, providing end-to-end visa support

Long-term student visa (up to 1 year) is available for those taking Russian Academy module. Please note that this module is only available in St.Petersburg.

Students traveling with a visa, not sponsored by Liden & Denz: Extra charges apply if a student obtains a visa through a tour-operator or any other facilitator. The fee (currently EUR 40), will be collected upon arrival and only if the student needs Liden & Denz assistance with visa registration. The fee does not apply if the student registers the visa with the company which sponsored it in the first place.

Visa support from Liden & Denz includes the official letter of invitation enabling the student to apply for the correct visa type and visa registration upon arrival (compulsory for all visas). The registration of a Russian visa normally takes two working days. Liden & Denz requires that all students hand in their passports and immigration cards to our front-desk on their first day.

The immigration card is a document filled in at the passport control zone upon arrival. Keep it with you and hand it over to the official stamping your passport when leaving the country.

Visa for Latvia

Latvia is a Schengen country: most students will travel visa-free. Students requiring a Schengen visa (valid for stays up to 90 days within half a year) or a residence permit (for longer stays), will receive respective support from Liden & Denz. Students are advised to check visa policies and costs in the nearest Latvian consulate.

Your citizenshipup to 90 dayslonger than 90 days
Schengen areaVisa-free
UK, USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Montenegro, New Zealand, Serbia.Visa-free for up to 90 days within half a yearResidence permit
Other CountriesTourist visaResidence permit


The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs MID maintains an up-to-date list with addresses and websites of Russian embassies and consulates around the world.

Get a tourist visa (up to 30 days)

Viselio is our trusted partner, providing end-to-end visa support

If you have additional questions: